We literally put a spin on things when it comes to flying gaff hooks. Our new (U.S. Patent 11,510,402) flying gaff hook is designed with a swiveling eyelet where the rope connects to the hook. This feature offers an advantage over traditional flying gaff hooks where the eyelet can be rotated to different positions (360 degrees) depending on the location of the fish relative to the gaff man.
The swivel also helps to provide maximum leverage and engagement of the hook when the fish is thrashing around boat side. Traditional flying gaff hooks with fixed eyelets can result in twisting of the gaff hook, which can damage the fish and result in disengagement of the gaff hook from the fish. Perfect for use in IGFA sanctioned tournaments where harpoons are illegal. Perfect for use on Marlin, Tuna, Swordfish, and Sharks.
- Currently available in 6" & 8" Gap. 10" gap coming soon.
- IGFA Legal for tournament use.
Manufactured from heavy gage certified USA manufactured stainless steel with a polished finish.
- Features a blade style point and barb that is razor sharp for easy penetration.
- 100% machined swivel mechanism made from solid 316 Stainless Steel. The swivel offers full 360 degrees of rotation when disengaged from the gaff handle.
- 6' carbon fiber handle with 316 Stainless Steel head specifically designed to work with our O-ring retention system on the hook.
- Positive stop to prevent the hook from rotating while engaged in gaff handle.
- O-ring Retention system to hold hook in gaff handle and provide the resistance needed to engage the hook while using our flying gaff handle. No more securing the gaff hook to the handle with a piece of monofilament line.
- Tuna cord rope grips and quality thread work on gaff handle provided by Joey's Rod Building.
- Cross cut end cap gimbal machined from Delrin to pass rope thru to aid in setting hook.